THIS IS NOT A SUPERFICIAL PROTEST!!!
What many racewalkers, coaches and racewalking lovers all over the world want is simple:
1. Keep the current 20km / 50km as the international racewalking distances until after the 2024 Olympics.
2. Use this extended timeframe to properly test the new shoe insert technology.
3. Work to enhance the current 20km / 50km events to make them more attractive to the general viewing public (see Phoenix Project).
4. Visit this issue (if it still exists) again in 2024 once the shoe insert technology has been deemed to work (or not!).
The only ones who can now sway the decision are our top racewalkers. If they are prepared to contact their IAAF Council delegates or get their member federations to contact the council delegates, they may make a difference in the final vote. We have to convince them to help us, we have to help them convince the delegates not to approve the crazy proposals of the IAAF Race Walking Committee. At the same time you can try to convince some IAAF members not to cancel the 20 and 50Km by contact them (note: follow info is public on the web):
– President Sir Sebastian Coe | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Jane Saville | Mobile: +34 670071214 | email: email@example.com
– Maurizio Damilano | Mobile: +39 3899685601 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org | office Fax: +39 0175 248986
– Luis Saladie | Mobile: +34 699668946 | email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
The final decision now rests with the IAAF Council who will meet on 10th March in Doha. According to the IAAF website, the council is currently:
NOTE: if you have an email address or you know how to contact one of follow people, send us information to email@example.com
PRESIDENT Sebastian COE (Great Britain)
SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT Sergey BUBKA (Ukraine)
VICE PRESIDENT Dahlan Jumaan AL HAMAD (Qatar)
Alberto JUANTORENA DANGER (Cuba)
Hamad KALKABA MALBOUM (Cameroon)
TREASURER Jose Maria ODRIOZOLA (Spain)
COUNCIL MEMBERS Ahmad AL KAMALI (United Arab Emerites)
Nawaf Bin Mohammed AL SAUD Saudi (Arabia)
Bernard AMSALEM (France)
Sylvia BARLAG (Nederland)
Mikhail BUTOV (Russia)
Pauline DAVIS-THOMPSON (Bahama)
Zhaocai DU (China)
Nawal EL MOUTAWAKEL (Morocco)
Frank FREDERICKS (Namibia)
Geoff GARDNER (Oceania – Norfolk Island)
Roberto GESTA DE MELO (Brazil)
Vivian GUNGARAM (Mauritius)
Svein Arne HANSEN (Norway)
Stephanie HIGHTOWER (USA)
Abby HOFFMAN (Canada)
Victor LOPEZ (Puerto Rico)
Antti PIHLAKOSKI (Finland)
Anna RICCARDI (Italy)
Adille J. SUMARIWALLA (India)
Hiroshi YOKOKAWA (Japan)
For this we must act concretely trying to persuade council members not to destroy racewalking, but also we must protest and give life to a new project for racewalking.
WE WANT RACEWALKING 20Km & 50Km